‘Tis the season to be the best gift giver a friend can ask for! If you’re reading this, the chances that you have a yoga lover in your life is pretty high. And lucky for you we not only put together a holiday gift guide, we also received personal recommendations from YogaZo instructors themselves! From beginners to advanced, here are 10 gifts to choose from that all yogis would appreciate this holiday season.
1. This yogi approved towel! Elena says she would never do sweaty yoga session without it. This one absorbs an insane amount of sweat to keep your face dry.
2. A very useful addition to any yoga practice is a yoga block. It can help with balance or it can support the back while settling into certain poses.
3. A yoga strap is perfect for a yogi of any level. The strap helps to get a better range of motion, whether you’re just starting out or attempting to advance your poses.
4. Have you ever used a mala? Tabatha uses one to complement her yoga and meditation practice. With each bead you get a chance to repeat your mantra which helps to embed that feeling within your body and heart. You can also use it before your practice, helping you to connect with your breath and prepare.
5. Sometimes some aromatherapy outside of a yoga session is all your yoga pal needs! I’m not sure if you know this, but the owner of YogaZo herself just started making her own candles and the scents that are available would be sure to relax anyone at the end or beginning of a long day.
6. Calysta has the perfect book to read at the end of your yoga practice! It provides a short passage for each day of the year and is a good reminder on presence, gratitude, loving and more. [Tip: jump to the glossary at the end of the book to search for a reading based on a specific theme you’re feeling in that moment.]
7. If you’ve ever used a foam roller after a solid workout, then you would know what a lovely gift this would make. These bad boys help to recover sore muscles and get you ready for your next yoga class in no time!
8. Elizabeth started using Yoga Toes a couple of years ago. Just like asana and meditation, wearing toe stretchers takes patience and practice, but the benefits far outweigh the temporary discomfort. Yogi Toes have significantly improved her balancing poses by creating space in my toes and stretching my arches. Even better, Yoga Toes are made by small company in the USA (Michigan).
recommends a subscription to a mobile app called Headspace as a wonderful gift for those that have been struggling with stress or anxiety during these hard times. You can download to your mobile device and with just a few minutes a day you can experience the benefits of meditation.
10. A subscription to YogaZo Online would be the best gift of all. The variety of classes that are offered will fit the needs of all. What is even better is you can practice with your favorite instructors in the comfort of your own home!
Happy Shopping Yogis!